Panel: Cultivating Pediatric Innovation Ecosystems
Theme: Innovation Infrastructure
With the rapid emergence of new technologies, programs, and initiatives (eg. genomic medicine, medical devices and applications, data analytics and artificial intelligence, and robotic surgery to name a few), is it really possible for any single organization to independently take on all the challenges of staying current and relevant?
This panel will focus on how the evolving landscape of innovation is creating innovation ecosystems whereby hospitals, startups and other companies, venture capitalists, research and academic institutions are coming together to form an integrated model for innovation.
Some of the topics addressed in this panel will be:
- What does your ecosystems look like?
- What are some of the common elements shared by innovation ecosystems?
- Why is venture capital the next big thing within healthcare and why do hospitals need to know about these types of investments?
- What role do startups play in fostering innovation within the hospital setting?
- How do we align or form alliances with other institutions that can help support and grow a pediatric innovation ecosystem?